|Celebrated Name:||Nora Roberts|
|Real Name/Full Name:||Eleanor Marie Robertson|
|Age:||72 years old|
|Birth Date:||10 October 1950|
|Birth Place:||Silver Spring, Maryland, United States|
|Height:||5 ft 5 inches|
|Husband/Spouse (Name):||Ronald Aufdem-Brinke (1968–1983, divorced)
Bruce Wilder (1985–present)
|Children/Kids (Son and Daughter):||Two named Dan and Jason
|Is Nora Roberts Lesbian/Gay?:||NA|
|Profession:||Novelist (Genre: Romance, suspense, and fantasy)|
|Net Worth in 2023:||$450 million|
|Last Updated:||June 2023|
Eleanor Marie Robertson, popularly called as Nora Roberts, is an acclaimed American novelist in romance, suspense, and fantasy genre. She was born to Irish descendent parents. To date, she has written around 209 novels with more than four hundred million print copies sold all across the world.
Maybe you know about Nora Roberts very well, but do you know how old and tall is she and what is her net worth in 2023? If you do not know, we have prepared this article about details of Nora Roberts’s short biography-wiki, career, professional life, personal life, today’s net worth, age, height, weight, and more facts. Well, if you’re ready, let’s start.
Early Life & Biography
Nora Roberts was born in Maryland. She is the youngest of all her siblings. As the family was comprised of passionate readers, she inclined reading and writing from childhood days. She had formed a strong bond with writing in her formative years and took her passion as her career.
When she was young, she used to write stories in her notebook. As she grew, she wrote various manuscripts, that ended up with rejection. She came with her first publication in 1981 as “Irish Thoroughbred.”
In 1968, Nora got married to Ronald Aufdem Brinke after her graduation. The couple gave birth to two sons, Dan and Jason. At that time, she was a homemaker and remained at home with her sons. She spent time doing crafts that included sewing the clothes of her children and ceramic jobs.
Unfortunately, their marriage did not go well. The couple divorced in 1983. Later, she married Bruce Wilder in July 1985. It was the time when she was matured and have pursued her career. He assisted her in building her bookstore. They expanded their home, as well as traveled the world together.
Age, Height, and Weight
Being born on October 10 1950, Nora Roberts is 72 years old as of today’s date 1st June 2023. Her height is 5ft 5 inches tall, and her weight is 65 kg.
Post schooling, she got her first writing opportunity in February 1979, during a blizzard. In 1981, she published her first novel, Irish Thoroughbred. She got real recognition from romance readers in 1985 from her bestselling romantic series, “Playing the Odds.” It was an instant success.
Between 1999 and 2000, Nora had written several more novels that got listed under the “best selling romantic novels” category by USA Today. Her two popular novels, ‘Magic Moments’ and ‘Sanctuary,’ got even converted to movies. Nora Roberts had suffered from plagiarism by the writer Janet Dailey. Nora sued her from the job after when she admitted her crime.
Awards & Achievements
Nora Roberts has been awarded several awards throughout her career span. Below is the listing of some of the valuable awards that she has obtained:
Golden Medallion awards
This award was given to her by the “Romance Writers of USA.”
- The Heart’s Victory in 1983 Golden Medallion for Best Contemporary Sensual Romance
- Untamed in 1984 Golden Medallion for Best Traditional Romance
- This Magic Moment in 1984 Golden Medallion for Best Contemporary 65–80,000 words
- Opposites Attract in 1985 Golden Medallion for Best Short Contemporary Romance
- A Matter of Choice in 1985 Golden Medallion for Best Long Contemporary Series Romance
- One Summer in1987 Golden Medallion for Best Long Contemporary Series Romance
- Brazen Virtue in 1989 Golden Medallion for Best Suspense
She was also awarded “RITA Awards” for her several popular novels by the Romance Writers of USA.
- Night Shift in 1992 RITA Award for Best Romantic Suspense
- Divine Evil in 1993 RITA Award for Best Romantic Suspense
- Nightshade in 1994 RITA Award for Best Romantic Suspense
- Private Scandals in1994 RITA Award for Best Contemporary Single Title
- Hidden Riches in 1995 RITA Award for Best Romantic Suspense
- Born in Ice in 1996 RITA Award for Best Contemporary Single Title
- Born in Ice in 1996 RITA Award for Best Romance of 1995
- Carolina Moon in 2001 RITA Award for Best Romantic Suspense
- Three Fates in 2003 RITA Award for Best Romantic Suspense
The Quills Foundation also awarded Nora Roberts Quill awards.
- Angels Fall in 2006 Book of the year
- Angels Fall in 2006 Romance
- Blue Smoke in 2007 Romance
Net Worth & Salary of Nora Roberts in 2023
As of June 2023, the net worth of Nora Roberts is calculated to be $450 Million. Nora Roberts is one of the bestselling authors in America. She has more than two hundred romance novels in her name. She began writing in the 1970s. Her novel “Playing the Odds” that was released in 1985 brought her into the limelight. It became the bestselling publication by her. In addition to it, she wrote several other hit novels and made huge money. She was also ranked among the twenty affluent authors worldwide in 2020. The major source of her income was the income received from her publications.
Nora Roberts is an accomplished novelist who has significantly contributed to society. Most of her published novels have gained a lot of admiration from people. With so many awards in her name, she is one of the most successful authors in the present era.
I have never read any of Ms. Roberts books I didn’t thoroughly enjoy! Thank you for the many hours