K-pop is in fashion nowadays, and Exo is one of the significant K-pop groups and is often compared with another world-renowned K-pop group BTS. In fact, at some point, it was reported that they had more net worth than BTS. The group is pretty popular among teens, and many people want to know more about the group.
Initially, SM Entertainment formed the group in 2011, and the group debuted in 2012. The SM Entertainment CEO, Lee Soo-man, revealed his plans to debut a new boy band in 2011, and later, he said that the group would be divided, as it would be parted among to sub-groups. Both groups would promote the same music simultaneously. Both groups were instructed to perform in separate countries as one would perform in China, and another would perform in South Korea. They would perform songs both in Korean and Mandarin. After many changes, the group’s final name was kept Exo, and it was taken from the word ‘exoplanet.’
Suho was first to join the group who is now Exo-K’s leader. Later, Kai, Chanyeol, Sehun, and the last member was a trainee named Baekhyun, who joined in 2011. Talking of the Chinese group, Kris auditioned in 2008, then joined Lay. Then it was Xiumin, Luhan, Tao, and Chen.
Both groups debuted with the single “Mama” on 8th April 2012 and later EP Mama, which was released on 9th April.
The two subgroups later promoted their first album separately as the Korean group then performed their single in the South Korean music program The Music Trend, whereas the Exo-M performed on the Top Chinese Music Awards in Shenzen. All this happened on the same day.
The group saw significant success in 2016 as Exo’s third studio album Ex’Act and its singles, “Lucky One” and “Monster,” were released on June 9, 2016, and pre-orders of the album exceeded 660,000 copies. In 2016, Exo-K performed a lot worldwide, and “Monster” became the Exo’s first number one of the Billboard World Digital Songs Chart and another single, “Lucky One” debuted at number three. Their 4th album received much more success as “The War” got 807,235 pre-orders.
Group saw another major success when its K-pop song “Power” became the first K-pop song to play at The Dubai Fountain at Burj Khalifa Lake, Dubai. The group traveled to Dubai to view the song’s first showing. In 2018 another record was surpassed by the group as Exo’s sixth studio album ‘Don’t Mess Up My Tempo’ received record-breaking 1,104,617 pre-orders and later it sold 1,179,997 copies by November 30.
Awards & Achievements
Talking of awards, the group has won many awards, and they have bagged many achievements under their name.
- Exo has won Asia Artist Awards seven times.
- They performed at the closing ceremony of the 2018 winter Olympics.
- Group has won a record-breaking 16 ‘Golden Disc Awards’
- Exo-K won two Korean Music Awards
- Another groundbreaking record count comes from MelOn Music Awards as they won 17 of it.
- Exo has also won Mnet Asia Awards, 16 times.
- Exo has also rocked Japan as the group won Japan Gold Disc Awards, two times.
- Talking of Mandarin Group, the groups won Gaon Char Music Awards 14 times.
- Exo-K has bagged the Seoul Music Awards, 18 times.
- The group has won World Music Award two times and YinYueTai V Chart Award 6 times.
Group has won many other awards, and they have a lot of achievements under their name. The group has also won the Soribada Best K-Music Awards 4 times.
Net Worth & Salary of Exo in 2021
The total net worth of the whole group was estimated to be $1 billion as of July 2021.
- The net worth of Exo-K leader Suho is around 7 million USD. He already comes from a wealthy family. He sometimes acts too, and he is a great actor too.
- Kai’s net worth is estimated to be 7 million USD, too, and he has fantastic dancing skills. He has also tried an acting career in many K-dramas.
- D.O.’s net worth is estimated to be 10 million USD, which is more than Suho, and he is the first Exo member who received the Most Popular Actor Award.
- The total net worth of Chanyeol is estimated to be 8 million USD, and he is one of the significant music composers for the group.
- Xiumin’s net worth is estimated to be 7 million USD, and he started his acting career in “Seondal: The Man Who Sells The River” in 2016. It ultimately increased his fan following.
- Lay’s net worth is estimated to be 10 million USD, and he starred with Jackie Chan in a movie named “Kung Fu Yoga.”
- Baekhyun’s net worth is estimated to be 8 million USD.
- Sehun’s net worth is estimated to be 7 million USD, and Chen’s net worth is expected to be 7 million USD.
Exo is one of the significant K-Pop groups in the world, and all its members are great at what they do. The group has won many awards, and the group has received much recognition in the music industry. The group composes wonderful songs, and due to this, they have won hearts as well as awards. The group’s net worth keeps increasing every year, and they keep entertaining us with their amazing songs.